Saturday, February 26, 2005
I spent three hours at the emergency room with Rachel on Thursday night. At 9:30pm she suddenly started throwing up. Nothing too unusual so far but then she wouldn't stop. She kept retching every 15-20 minutes for three hours before I took her to the hospital . I kept thinking/hoping it would subside but it didn't and as time wore on she became more and more exhausted and her insides must have been getting more and more irritated. By the time we got to the hospital the tiny bits of fluid that were coming up were bloody. By the time the doctor saw her I was very concerned. She was exhausted, weak and pale (even her lips had no colour). He prescribed an amazing anti-nausea drug which dissolved on her tongue and instantly stopped the vomiting. Within 30 minutes she was drinking apple juice and by the time we went home she was chattering as usual. I am happy to say that she has been fine (albeit a bit tired yesterday) since then and so far neither Helen nor David has started with anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment