Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rachel is a rascal! It's official. She is suddenly 5 going on 15: She's into boys, talks back, and doesn't do what she's told. Her "boyfriend" is a boy in her class called Ryan, whom, according to her, she loves and is going to marry.
The other night, after she had eaten a yoghurt, I told her to put her rubbish in the bin, to which she replied "Why should I?" Whilst biting my tongue I was able calmly to say "Why don't you think about it and you tell me."
However, she is not malevolent and has enough youthful innocence to make everything seem quite charming. When we tease her about what a monkey she is and how Grandma and Grandad won't believe it when they see her, she says she is going to act like an angel when they are here so Grandma will call her "my treasure"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment but can't really think of anything to say!