Friday, November 02, 2007
This morning we debated the existence of the tooth fairy with Helen. She came in our room and declared that I had left money under her pillow because the tooth fairy isn't real. I replied "If the tooth fairy isn't real then why do you put teeth under your pillow for her?". Helen thought for a minute then decided that the tooth fairy took the teeth but it was still me who left the money. I tried to ignore the accusation and hoped the idea would go away. However, later Rachel was complaining it wasn't fair because Helen would not let her count the tooth money but she had allowed David to. After some discussion Helen admitted she didn't want Rachel to count it because she was afraid Rachel would steal some. I suggested she let Rachel count it, then, when Rachel gave it back, Helen could count it again herself and if there was any missing she should tell me. Helen replied "Yes, and if Rachel has taken any then you won't give her any tooth money". "Exactly right" I said. "Aha!" said Helen. "Now you have said it is you who gives the tooth money!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment