Monday, April 08, 2002

A fairly uneventful weekend for the girls, but David had lots of fun at the swimming pool.
I took him to the YMCA the weekend before, and he didn't really enjoy himself that much. When I could get him into the pool, he couldn't be persuaded to take his arms from around my neck. He spent most of the time sitting on the side with his feet dangling in the water. I think this is probably something to do with my throwing him in right at the start. I did this all the time last year, but I think this year he had forgotten how much fun being thrown into five feet of water can be.
Anyway, things improved dramatically on Saturday. He started off pretty much the same as last week: sitting at the side and only coming in if he could hold on to me. But soon he was asking me to leave him alone so he could move about on his own steam. By the time we left he had been jumping in all by himself and had swum three 25-yard lengths of the pool! Even though his "swimming" is really just leaning forward in his life-jacket and kicking his legs, that's still pretty good.