Sunday, July 24, 2005

David is nothing if not ambitious. This morning on TV he saw something about a boy who builds his own remote control robots to compete in robot battles. Despite the fact that the boy was using various power tools and a welder and was clearly at least 13, David was convinced that the boy was 5. He came into our room with every intention of doing the same and asking if I would help. Moments later Rob found him hunting through kitchen drawers looking for raw materials! Come to think of it there is hardly a morning that goes by when he doesn't wake up wanting to build something or do some kind of science experiment. His brain is hyperactive.
Tonight I read him Chapter One of Harry Potter, The Sorcerer's Stone. He has seen all the films and we thought the books might fuel an interest in reading. Apparently he enjoyed it and was paying attention because when I finished he asked if I had noticed that it was Sirius Black who had lent Hagrid the motorcycle on which he delivers Harry Potter to the Dursleys. He wanted to know how Sirius and Hagrid knew each other.

No comments: