Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today David and I had a very unpleasant experience. When I went to meet the schoolbus at 2:44pm, he wasn't on it. I immediately rushed home, phoned the school and asked where he was. After a minute or two of waiting I was told he had not been allowed to ride the bus because he did not have a note from me to confirm that he could. He was still at the school and I went straight there to pick him up. There had been a misunderstanding. Since I had picked him up from the classroom for the first two weeks, they had listed him as a walker and not a bus rider. Yesterday when I dropped him off and told them he was going to ride the bus, they had assumed it was a one-off and that I would revert to collecting him from the classroom. After his dental appointment today it was mid-morning before he got to school and they didn't ask how he was getting home. At the end of the day when David told them he was supposed to go on the bus, they wouldn't take his word for it. However, no-one bothered to call me about it.

David's first visit to the dentist went without a hitch. Apparently he was very good and co-operative when getting his teeth cleaned and x-rayed. The dentist said that his teeth are in good shape and he has no cavities. Most of us would not expect a 5-year old to have cavities but there were a surprising number of even younger children who appeared to be having extensive dental work done.

No comments: